Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Bootleg HG Exia Trans-AM -> Exia Repair Conversion WIP

Full Concentration=Fast Work

started working on my Exia
first, i removed the unwanted parts

they are the GN Blades, beam sabers, right knee armor, left skirt armor, left arm, shield, foot armors, left chest vent, right chest fin and the cord on the right arm

this is how it looks without the unwanted parts

1:GN Sword

i sketched a line at the tip of the blade

and cut it off .using knife and nipper, the broken tip is made to look like it is broken off hardly

some masking is done and painted using silver marker

Taddaa!! the results is great!! excess paint is scratched off

the GN Sword look cool now

2:Head


image from MAHQ.net
for the damaged head, i took this picture as my reference

the head is disassembled and lines are marked on the parts that will be cut

the v-fin is cut and the monitor is painted using silver marker and is detailed up with a black marker

more guidelines for the right side of the helmet, face plate and eye piece

cut them off and the inner side of the head is carved to make it flat

test fit. ummm, looks okay

for the red eye camera, i'd used the parts from the runners....after gluing them together with the head, i painted it black

took a thin wire and cut it into desired length

and glue it onto the camera and colored it black

i cut a tiny round red sticker and apply it on the camera...the head is done

almost done

3:Cape

for the cape, i took a piece of brown cloth

and cut it into my desired shape

the upper left arm is taken and i made a hole

hahahaa...my secret technique!! I sew the cape to the upper arm!! using the upper arm to connect the cape with the body will give some mobility to the cape making the cape more posable (like MG Exia Repair larr..)

Done!!Total time=less than 4 hours!!

more pictures in next post!!


.

3 comments: